So this weekend gone, I turned the big 24, and for some reason this particular age is giving me constant bursts of terror and anxiety, as lets be honest, I spend most of my nights rewatching TV series, rather than out creating memories. (no regrets) (ok maybe a few)
I will also be publishing my next letter to myself in the future and reviewing the one I wrote last year, but I thought I’d start with a very generic, ’24 things I’ve learnt in 24 years.’ Some of these are great advice, and please could everyone remind me to follow them once in a while, it would really help a girl out.
1. Heartbreak can always be survived.
2. Even a calm, rational person can suffer from road rage.
3. Washing your make up brushes is a chore, but do it.
4. True friendships can be made or broken playing Mario Kart.
5. Sometimes it’s okay to cry yourself to sleep, but don’t make a habit of it.
6. Nothing helps sadness like puppy cuddles.
7. If you want to eat the chocolate, eat the chocolate.
8. Watching FRIENDS will give you an unrealistic expectations of many parts of life including friendships, banter, and large flats in the middle of New York.
9. No one can promise you forever and mean it.
10. Nothing is nicer than new towels and fresh sheets.
11. It’s okay to feel homesick for places you haven’t been yet.
12. Buying blackout curtains is the best decision you’ll ever make.
13. Sometimes you have to stand your ground and don’t feel guilty for it.
14. Never apologise for the way you feel.
15. If a friend can’t forgive for making at least one awful decision, they aren’t really your friend.
16. Everyone needs a safe space to go.
17. Some people are just born bitches.
18. If you’re a nice person, people will take advantage of that, but don’t let it change you.
19. You’ve got to try to love the rain, otherwise you’ll spend a lot of days being miserable.
20. Some days you’ll feel like a sex goddess, other days a spotty potato. It’s all about balance.
21. Find yourself a favourite pair of pants and buy a hundred of them in different colours.
22. Some days, sack off your make up to have an extra 10 minutes in bed.
23. No single person should be responsible for your happiness.
24. Don’t take how you look in your phone’s front camera to heart.
I’m not a naturally witty person, so I hope I did okay!
What I’m Wearing:
Scarf: Asos (similar here)
Dress: Also can’t remember (how bad am I) Similar here