I got inspired to write this list of twenty five things I want to achieve before I turn 25 from my friend Ben Franklin, however, I have about 3 less months than him to cram all of this in! I had a plan of publishing this on 13 July so it would be exactly 6 months until my birthday, but lets face it – that didn’t happen. My organisational skills, as always, letting me down.
It’s no secret that I had a bit of a crisis about turning 24, and it’s no different now that the big 25 is creeping up on me, so why not set myself some goals? I feel like I blinked and it’s been 6 whole years since I was preparing to go to Uni, and I haven’t done nearly as much in the 3 years since graduating as I hoped I would, especially considering I still live in the city I don’t particuarly like!
I’ve completely ripped of Ben’s structure and done 5 big goals, a long term 7 and then some little ones. And considering I now have less than 6 months – I’d better get cracking.
- Move house – this house seemed like a good idea at the time, but holds a few bad memories now, and I would love to have more creative control over a space to live again.
- Start blogging 2 times a week – I go through huge stages of blogging mojo and I actually have a lot of planned posts – and I actually want to get to a point where I can do this regularly.
- Do a course – earlier this year I did an ‘Introduction to Counselling’ course and I really enjoyed it, but unfortunately I couldn’t afford the one following this. I want to do another one though – if not in this, then something else, so I can start figuring out what I enjoy!
- Start learning a new language/learn to code – this is the one I see me giving up on (a bad habit of mine) as it’s a considerable amount of work. I didn’t have enough slots for both so one or the other will do.
- Get a new job – my job is good money and I’m definitely grateful to have it. However, hopefully by the end of the year I will be in a financial position to explore a different career path.
The long term 7:
- Approach a brand – I keep chickening out of emailing brands because I don’t feel I’m ‘big’ enough, but in the next 6 months I’m going to do it.
- Read 5 books – I used to be a regular little bookworm but also find myself scrolling my phone instead of picking up a book, and this is only reading one a month!
- Book a trip abroad – I miss travelling so so much and seeing new places, so even if it’s just a weekend trip to Europe, I want one booked.
- Improve my credit score – in the last year or so, my credit score has plummeted due to several things (I actually might do a series on debt in general as it’s more common than people realise) and I want to make a conscious effort to improve it.
- Improve my photography – photography has always been that thing I’ve dreamed of being good at, and I need to make a step forward into making it better which will hopefully make my blog even better too.
- Start doing yoga – I’m not going to set myself any sort of cardio challenge as I can just see myself failing at that, so doing regular yoga seems a good start.
- Go to an art class – another thing I love but I’m not great at, but would love to go to an informal art class.
- Get another tattoo – not really heightening my life but I really really want another tattoo, I have one I’ve wanted for a while so definitely want it before I turn 25.
- Drive to somewhere new in the UK – there are so many beautiful places in the UK that I have never seen.
- Take my mum somewhere to spoil her – my mum does so much for me (I’ve written about how wonderful she is here) and I want to be able to treat her properly.
- Have one week vegetarian – I’m probably going to have to live with my mum to do this the boy I live with doesn’t touch food unless it has at least 2 meats.
- Be invited to/Go to a blogger event – I did actually go to an event last year (I met Olivia and Hannah) but want to challenge myself to go to another one.
- Have proper blog pictures taken – I’m desperate to have my photos taken with either Kaye or Lauren, and as soon as I have the money – I am booking in!
- Knit something I can wear – this started off as knitting a hat but I’ve just started knitting a snood, so I don’t want to be too unrealistic.
- Sing at an open mic night (DONE!) – I actually did this a few weeks ago and didn’t realise it was on here! I want to sing some more though!
- Improve my interior decorating/design – This sort of ties in with moving house, as I want to put more effort into how the interior looks.
- Listen to more podcasts – I recently started listening to Birkhamstead Revisited and I love it! People always talk about their favourite podcasts so I want to jump on the bandwagon.
- Go to Harry Potter Studios – I have never been! If you can believe it.
- Write something everyday – I used to write something every single day, either poetry or just random thoughts or trying to write stories, and I miss being that person, so want to challenge myself to do this again.
Is there anything you want to achieve before your next birthday?